lunedì 4 luglio 2011

Falling Skies


I have to admit that Summer 2011 is plotting at its best against me for turning out indeed quite exciting and more cheerful than expected! When John Montalto from The Significant Others asked me to try and write some music together for this project I was wondering on how the simple expectation for a TV Serie could save your days in a boring summer. But blame it on my stupid stupid feelings and this delightful chilly Italian night and I'm quite ready to swear that this season it's not quite bad at all.

I just come back from Marco's studio to get the masters of the songs of my next album. It was strange waiting three months for mixing and recording vocals when it took only two months to write and record the songs. Still it worth the wait and I'm REALLY happy with it too!

So here's once again this mixed emotion turning out to build up a song, being the NO-TAV situation near Turin being the second fact of the day puzzling with my thoughts in da brain.

Here's the lyrics John. I'm looking forward to see this stuff turning out in a song and hear it in a proper American accent. Feel free to change any of the words in it :)


FALLING SKYES

"Sunday riots over High-Speed Rails
Got Police caught in the Clash
Washing my hands on strawberry Jam
See that goodie spoilt away

Bikes, Pipes, Pocketbooks
Tell me how far are you going to
Ropes, Drugs


Stones, Pies, Diamonds too
The day is done and I miss you


And I'm looking bad for falling skies
to fall over our heads
Night is crawling and you are so far
Bailing out on the junk


So I came to take what I had left
To watch flowers blooming from ice age
It was long ago but worth the wait
everything it's really good in the end

Cheese, Water, Tin Machines
Won't you rest a while and stay with me?
Bee Gees, XTC

Jets, Wings, Arcade Fires
Boredom is a state of mind

And I'm looking bad for falling skies
to fall over our heads
Night is crawling and you are so far
Bailing out on the junk"

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento